One month extension for Arunendra Kumar as CRB
New Delhi: Railway Board member Arunendra Kumar, holding the additional charge of Chairman for the past three months, will continue to do so for another month.
According to an order issued by the Cabinet Secretariat in the evening, Kumar will continue to hold additional charge of Chairman Railway Board (CRB) for one more month from October 1 or until further order along with holding the post of Member (Mechanical), sources said.
They said that as the government was yet to decide on the next CRB, Kumar was given one more extension.
Kumar was earlier given the additional responsibility of Chairman in July for three months after the retirement of Vinay Mittal.
Meanwhile, suspended Railway Member Staff Mahesh Kumar also submitted a letter to Railway Ministry stating his desire to resume duty, they said. He got bail in the cash-for-job scam case on Saturday.
However, Railway Ministry has to seek approval of the CVC and CBI before revoking his suspension and giving him any new responsibility.
"He will not be given the post of Member Staff again and likely to be made Officer on Special Duty (OSD) without assigning any particular job," a source said, adding "a decision to this effect is yet to be taken by Railway Ministry."
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- CAD to widen to $25 billion in FY17 on surge in gold imports, sluggish exports: Report
- Govt to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on Friday
- Scary! Truck carrying firecrackers catches fire at Yamuna Expressway – Watch
- Watch video: Top 10 incredible health benefits of pineapples!
- 1971 Indo-Pak war: 'Dusting was Indira Gandhi's stress-buster'