One month extension for Arunendra Kumar as CRB
New Delhi: Railway Board member Arunendra Kumar, holding the additional charge of Chairman for the past three months, will continue to do so for another month.
According to an order issued by the Cabinet Secretariat in the evening, Kumar will continue to hold additional charge of Chairman Railway Board (CRB) for one more month from October 1 or until further order along with holding the post of Member (Mechanical), sources said.
They said that as the government was yet to decide on the next CRB, Kumar was given one more extension.
Kumar was earlier given the additional responsibility of Chairman in July for three months after the retirement of Vinay Mittal.
Meanwhile, suspended Railway Member Staff Mahesh Kumar also submitted a letter to Railway Ministry stating his desire to resume duty, they said. He got bail in the cash-for-job scam case on Saturday.
However, Railway Ministry has to seek approval of the CVC and CBI before revoking his suspension and giving him any new responsibility.
"He will not be given the post of Member Staff again and likely to be made Officer on Special Duty (OSD) without assigning any particular job," a source said, adding "a decision to this effect is yet to be taken by Railway Ministry."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will not bow to labour reform protestors: French PM Manuel Valls
- Former Punjab CM Beant Singh's grandson shoots himself, dies
- Photo alert! First look of Dwayne Johnson from 'Fast & Furious 8'!
- Celebs slam AIB's Tanmay Bhat for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar! – Details inside
- Japanese parents leave son in mountains as punishment, now a massive search in underway