One more arrested in Ajmer blast
Ajmer: Rajasthan Anti Terrorist Squad (ATS) has arrested one more person from Gujarat in connection with the 2007 Ajmer dargah blast case following interrogation
of Swami Aseemanand whose custody was today extended till February 11.
In a related development, the CBI today sought custody of Lokesh Sharma and Devendra Gupta, both accused in the dargah blast case, to quiz them in connection with the Samjhauta Express blast.
The ATS yesterday arrested Bharat Mohan, a resident of
Valsad in Gujarat, and produced him in the court today which
remanded him in ATS custody till February 11.
Mohan was taken into custody following interrogation
of Assemanad after the ATS took him into custody on January
22. It the seventh arrest in the case.
Judicial Magistrate Vikram Singh extended the remand
of Aseemanand after Additional SP Rajasthan ATS Satyander
Singh Ranavat produced him in the court in connection with the
Ajmer terror attack here which left three persons dead.
Aseemanand, 59, a right-wing Hindu group Abhinav
Bharat member, is a prime accused in Hyderabad`s Mecca
Masjid blast case and in his recent confessional statement had
said that he and several other Sangh activists had a direct
role in Malegaon, Samjhauta Express, Ajmer and Mecca blasts.
Last year, the ATS arrested Devendra Gupta from Ajmer,
and Chandrashekhar and Lokesh from Madhya Pradesh and later
arrested two more suspected-- Harshad Bhai Solanki, who was
allegedly involved in Best Bakery case of Vadodara and was
absconding since 2004, and Mukesh Vasani-- from Gujarat, in
connection with the Ajmer blast case.
Meanwhile, the CBI application seeking custody of
Lokesh and Devedra was filed before District and Session Judge
Prashant Kumar Agarwal who will hear it on February 8.
The blast in Samjhauta Express, which runs between
India and Pakistan, took place on the intervening night of
February 17 and 18, 2007 near Panipat in Haryana and 68 people
dead mostly Pakistanis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption