One more pilot arrested for getting CPL on forged documents
New Delhi: One more pilot was arrested
in Delhi for allegedly producing fake marksheets for procuring a
commercial pilot licence, taking the total number of arrests
in such cases to 14.
Saif was apprehended by a team of Crime Branch here
on Thursday following his interrogation after airline regulator
DGCA forwarded three fresh names to police in connection with
people procuring commercial flying licence using forged
A senior police official claimed that Saif admitted to
using forged marksheets to obtain commercial pilot licence.
Police will try to identify the person through whom
Saif had obtained the document.
Police had on April five arrested two staffers of DGCA
for allegedly helping people to obtain pilot licences using
With this, six pilots and three DGCA staffers have
been arrested by Delhi Police while two others have been
apprehended by Rajasthan Police in Jaipur in connection with
the racket. Three touts had also been arrested by Delhi
Mahan Jyoti Bhattacharya (37) and Mohammed K Ansari
(42) were apprehended on April five following the questioning
of two pilots Abhishek Kaushik and Hiren Nagar who claimed
that these DGCA staffers have taken lakhs of rupees from them
for providing licences using forged marksheets.
Kaushik and Nagar had procured Commercial Pilot
Licences allegedly using forged marksheets and the two DGCA
staff allegedly charged them hefty amount knowing that their
documents were forged.
With this, police have smashed two rackets involved in
procuring pilot licences using forged marksheets. Earlier on
March 26, Delhi Police had claimed to have busted a gang
involved in helping pilots obtain licences using forged
documents with the arrest of a senior official of DGCA and
three others, including a pilot.
Pradeep Kumar (48), presently an Assistant Director
with the DGCA, Pradeep Tyagi (35), a pilot who helped others
procure fake marksheets, and his two associates Pankaj Jain
(23) and Lalit Jain (34) were arrested from Delhi and Chennai
then. Two pilots were arrested earlier in March.
In order to obtain CPL, one has to clear the
examination of DGCA which these people could not clear despite
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users