One shot at, another abducted by suspected Maoists in Chatra
Chatra (Jharkhand): Suspected Maoists
shot at a person and kidnapped a government employee while
unknown gunmen looted a nationalised bank in separate
incidents in Jharkhand today.
Binod Singh, the Munsi of a contractor engaged in
road construction, was critically wounded when suspected
Maoists fired at him at Itkhori in Chatra district,
Superintendent of Police Prabhat Kumar said.
Singh has been admitted to a hospital and his
condition was stated to be critical, he said.
He had been shot at after his employer refused to pay
extortion to the Maoists.
A government Amin (a person appointed by the
government to measure land) was also kidnapped during the day.
The police were checking which naxal group was behind
the abduction. At least four naxal outfits operate in Chatra.
In another incident, seven armed men barged into the
Bank of India`s Tutilava branch and took its manager hostage
before escaping with Rs 2.22 lakh, the SP said.
Two persons have been taken into custody for
interrogation in this connection, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part II
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part IV
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part III
- Not hosting Modi government event: Amitabh Bachchan
- Foxconn factory goes 'techno'; replaces workers with 60,000 robots!
- BJP comes out in defence of Amitabh's association with second anniversary programme
- Army troops, insurgents exchange gunfire along Manipur-Myanmar border
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus