One worker dies, 2 injured during maintenance work on INS Vagli
Chennai: A conservancy worker died reportedly of asphyxiation and two others became unconscious while carrying out maintenance work in decommissioned submarine INS Vagli at the Chennai Port here on Monday.
Port sources said the three were employees of a private conservancy contractor and had entered the decommissioned submarine for maintenance work.
While one died, the two others were rescued, they said.
An enquiry into what caused the mishap is on, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred