One worker dies, 2 injured during maintenance work on INS Vagli
Chennai: A conservancy worker died reportedly of asphyxiation and two others became unconscious while carrying out maintenance work in decommissioned submarine INS Vagli at the Chennai Port here on Monday.
Port sources said the three were employees of a private conservancy contractor and had entered the decommissioned submarine for maintenance work.
While one died, the two others were rescued, they said.
An enquiry into what caused the mishap is on, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH