‘OneWorld’ announces fellowship results
New Delhi: The first Akshaya-Patra-OneWorld Media Fellowships on Hunger – 2012 were announced on Thursday. The recipients of the Fellowships are Soma Basu of The Statesman, Sarada Lahangir of the Women Features Service, Nivedita Jha from the Dainik Jagran daily newspaper’s Patna edition, Mahesh Suresh Sarlanshkar of the Maharashtra Times and Ratna Bharali Talukdar of India Together.
The fellows were selected by an eminent jury comprising of MK Venu, Managing Editor of the Financial Express newspaper, Kiran Mehra-Kerpelman, Director of the UN Information Centre for India and Bhutan, Gurdeep Singh Sappal, CEO of Rajya Sabha TV, Britannia’s Category Director for Health and Wellness, Anuradha Narasimhan, and, Dr Sheila C Vir, Director of the Public Health Nutrition and Development Centre.
The fellowship prize in total of Rs One Lakh will help in doing research work on the subject of hunger, malnutrition and food security in India. While it is meant to help young, mid-career journalists further their understanding on the complex subject, the Fellows will also write on the subject for their respective publications. The fellowship includes travel opportunities to remote villages and districts of the country that are home to extreme hunger, malnutrition and food insecurity.
The fellowship also gives the young journalists an opportunity to look at the issues of hunger through other prisms of development. For instance, the journalists will be able to see how the mid-day meals have addressed the issue of malnutrition among children and how and if hunger has abated school drop-outs.
The Akshaya-Patra-OneWorld Media Fellowships on Hunger – 2012 has been instituted by the Akshaya-Patra Foundation and OneWorld South Asia for furthering the debate on the issues of hunger, malnutrition and food security. These issues confirm to the first goal of the UN Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA