Only Hindutva can transform country: RSS chief
Meerut: Backing Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s elevation in the BJP, Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat on Tuesday said that Hindutva was the only way to bring about change in the country.
In a veiled reference to senior BJP leader L K Advani and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s opposition to Modi, Bhagwat said, "Whether somebody likes it or not, Hindutva is the only way to bring about change in the country. It is where the country`s respect lies."
"We have changed leaders and agendas, nothing has worked. Politics is not the way to make India a superpower, it is only Hindutva that can do it," the RSS chief said while speaking at a Sangh`s programme here.
Accusing the central government of failing on the diplomatic front, Bhagwat said, "the Country`s borders are not safe. China entered into our territory and left on its own conditions, but we could not teach them a lesson."
"Pakistan is moving around scot-free after murdering Sarabjit Singh (Indian prisoner)," he said.
Advocating strict action against Naxalites, the RSS chief said "they should be dealt with bullets and not through talks."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days