Only Hindutva can transform country: RSS chief
Meerut: Backing Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s elevation in the BJP, Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat on Tuesday said that Hindutva was the only way to bring about change in the country.
In a veiled reference to senior BJP leader L K Advani and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s opposition to Modi, Bhagwat said, "Whether somebody likes it or not, Hindutva is the only way to bring about change in the country. It is where the country`s respect lies."
"We have changed leaders and agendas, nothing has worked. Politics is not the way to make India a superpower, it is only Hindutva that can do it," the RSS chief said while speaking at a Sangh`s programme here.
Accusing the central government of failing on the diplomatic front, Bhagwat said, "the Country`s borders are not safe. China entered into our territory and left on its own conditions, but we could not teach them a lesson."
"Pakistan is moving around scot-free after murdering Sarabjit Singh (Indian prisoner)," he said.
Advocating strict action against Naxalites, the RSS chief said "they should be dealt with bullets and not through talks."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price