Only Rahul`s work will decide if he is able to lead country: Mulayam
New Delhi: Claiming that India lacks a national leader, Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav today said Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi`s work will decide whether he would be able to lead the country.
"Rahul is a leader big enough to take command of (Congress) party as he has worked and is also a member of Parliament. Congress has accepted him as a leader, but whether he will be able to become the leader of the country or not will depend on his work. It will depend on his policies," he said.
Yadav said there is not leader in the country who can claim to be the leader of the entire country.
"Even I am not the leader of the country," Yadav said.
In reply to a question on whether he wants to become the prime minister, the SP leader said nothing can be predicted in politics.
"In politics, decisions are based on what happens on a given time. The priority is to establish a lead for the party. We get posts if the party is strong," he said.
The former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister reiterated his remarks that the Congress-led UPA government might declare Lok Sabha elections after the budget session of Parliament.
He said the government may present a friendly budget and go for polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'