Only Rahul`s work will decide if he is able to lead country: Mulayam
New Delhi: Claiming that India lacks a national leader, Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav today said Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi`s work will decide whether he would be able to lead the country.
"Rahul is a leader big enough to take command of (Congress) party as he has worked and is also a member of Parliament. Congress has accepted him as a leader, but whether he will be able to become the leader of the country or not will depend on his work. It will depend on his policies," he said.
Yadav said there is not leader in the country who can claim to be the leader of the entire country.
"Even I am not the leader of the country," Yadav said.
In reply to a question on whether he wants to become the prime minister, the SP leader said nothing can be predicted in politics.
"In politics, decisions are based on what happens on a given time. The priority is to establish a lead for the party. We get posts if the party is strong," he said.
The former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister reiterated his remarks that the Congress-led UPA government might declare Lok Sabha elections after the budget session of Parliament.
He said the government may present a friendly budget and go for polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!