Only Rahul`s work will decide if he is able to lead country: Mulayam
New Delhi: Claiming that India lacks a national leader, Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav today said Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi`s work will decide whether he would be able to lead the country.
"Rahul is a leader big enough to take command of (Congress) party as he has worked and is also a member of Parliament. Congress has accepted him as a leader, but whether he will be able to become the leader of the country or not will depend on his work. It will depend on his policies," he said.
Yadav said there is not leader in the country who can claim to be the leader of the entire country.
"Even I am not the leader of the country," Yadav said.
In reply to a question on whether he wants to become the prime minister, the SP leader said nothing can be predicted in politics.
"In politics, decisions are based on what happens on a given time. The priority is to establish a lead for the party. We get posts if the party is strong," he said.
The former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister reiterated his remarks that the Congress-led UPA government might declare Lok Sabha elections after the budget session of Parliament.
He said the government may present a friendly budget and go for polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr