Only `voices of ambition` are being heard from NDA: Tewari
New Delhi: The Congress on Thursday hit out at NDA over the issue of prime ministerial candidate, saying while UPA stood for serving the common masses, only individual "voices of ambition" were being heard from the BJP-led alliance.
"It is a strange situation that all the NDA allies are singing different tunes. The crux is that on one hand there is UPA which has always held that the Indian people are served and on the other side there is NDA from which only the voices of ambition are heard," Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari said.
"Now, it is for the people of the country to decide what is in public interest and what is in individual interest," he added.
In response to another question on reports that Special Investigation Team (SIT), probing 2002 Gujarat riot cases, might seek harshest possible sentence for convicted minister Maya Kodnani, Tewari in an apparent attack on Chief Minister Narendra Modi, said the persons under whose watch the incidents had happened had escaped culpability.
"What happens between a particular state government and the SIT is entirely their remit, however the one thing which has always intrigued us over all these years is that the person or the government under whose watch this pogrom took place in 2002 seems to have always escaped culpability," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing