Oomen Chandy meets Rahul Gandhi
New Delhi: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, who has been under attack from the CPI(M)-led LDF over the solar panel scam, Friday met Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi and discussed the political developments in the state.
"When I met Congress leaders, definitely all the issues... General political situation of Kerala is discussed.. naturally this issue also was discussed," Chandy said when asked whether Gandhi sought details from him about the scam that has rocked the party and the Government in the state.
The senior Congress leader, who is in Delhi to attend a UN ceremony, also held discussions with Union Ministers AK Antony and Vayalar Ravi and Congress President Sonia Gandhi`s political secretary Ahmed Patel.
Chandy said a high-level police team is investigating the case and his Government has nothing to hide.
Alleging political conspiracy by the CPI-M-led opposition, the Chief Minister said that his government was open to any kind of investigation once the ongoing police probe gets over.
"Before completing the police investigation, if a judicial enquiry is ordered, then the culprits will get a chance to escape," he said.
Dismissing suggestions that there was unease within the party over the issue, Chandy said the PCC headed by Ramesh Chennithala and the party-led UDF are united on this issue. "My government is stable", the Chief Minister said.
The scam pertains to alleged cheating of several persons to the tune of crores of Rupees by one Saritha Nair and her accomplice Biju Radhakrishnan by offering solar panel solutions. An actress Shalu Menon has also been arrested in connection with the case.
It took a serious political turn with the arrest of one of Chandy`s close personal aides, who has alleged links with the accused. Two other employees in his personal staff have also been removed in connection with the scam.
Asked about a possible Cabinet reshuffle and inducting Chennithala in it, the Chief Minister said, "I am the happiest man for that."
Chandy, however, refused to say whether he was ready to give Chennithala the Home portfolio.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack