Oomen Chandy meets Rahul Gandhi
New Delhi: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, who has been under attack from the CPI(M)-led LDF over the solar panel scam, Friday met Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi and discussed the political developments in the state.
"When I met Congress leaders, definitely all the issues... General political situation of Kerala is discussed.. naturally this issue also was discussed," Chandy said when asked whether Gandhi sought details from him about the scam that has rocked the party and the Government in the state.
The senior Congress leader, who is in Delhi to attend a UN ceremony, also held discussions with Union Ministers AK Antony and Vayalar Ravi and Congress President Sonia Gandhi`s political secretary Ahmed Patel.
Chandy said a high-level police team is investigating the case and his Government has nothing to hide.
Alleging political conspiracy by the CPI-M-led opposition, the Chief Minister said that his government was open to any kind of investigation once the ongoing police probe gets over.
"Before completing the police investigation, if a judicial enquiry is ordered, then the culprits will get a chance to escape," he said.
Dismissing suggestions that there was unease within the party over the issue, Chandy said the PCC headed by Ramesh Chennithala and the party-led UDF are united on this issue. "My government is stable", the Chief Minister said.
The scam pertains to alleged cheating of several persons to the tune of crores of Rupees by one Saritha Nair and her accomplice Biju Radhakrishnan by offering solar panel solutions. An actress Shalu Menon has also been arrested in connection with the case.
It took a serious political turn with the arrest of one of Chandy`s close personal aides, who has alleged links with the accused. Two other employees in his personal staff have also been removed in connection with the scam.
Asked about a possible Cabinet reshuffle and inducting Chennithala in it, the Chief Minister said, "I am the happiest man for that."
Chandy, however, refused to say whether he was ready to give Chennithala the Home portfolio.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!