Open to all secular parties: Congress
New Delhi: Amid rumblings in NDA over Narendra Modi`s elevation in BJP, Congress on Wednesday made overtures to JD (U) saying it was "open" to all secular parties.
"Any secular party can be an ally... We are open to all secular parties... Now and in the future," Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath told news channels.
He at the same time refrained from commenting on the turmoil within BJP and NDA.
"The issues of the BJP must be settled by the BJP, the issues of the NDA should be settled by the members of the NDA," he said.
To questions whether Congress was open to ally with JD-U, he said, "When the JDU is not a member of the NDA, we will address that situation."
Naths` remarks are significant in view of talk in political circles that the JDU-BJP alliance in Bihar could break sooner than later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- US, North Korea trade barbs over nuclear weapon tests
- Palestinians seek to sue Britain over 1917 vow to Jews
- PM Modi should also be suspended from House for 'inviting ISI to Pathankot', says AAP MP Bhagwant Mann
- MASSIVE! Italian giants Juventus complete USD 104 million transfer of Gonzalo Higuain from Napoli
- Odisha govt has "nexus" with Maoists: BJP probe team