Open to all secular parties: Congress
New Delhi: Amid rumblings in NDA over Narendra Modi`s elevation in BJP, Congress on Wednesday made overtures to JD (U) saying it was "open" to all secular parties.
"Any secular party can be an ally... We are open to all secular parties... Now and in the future," Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath told news channels.
He at the same time refrained from commenting on the turmoil within BJP and NDA.
"The issues of the BJP must be settled by the BJP, the issues of the NDA should be settled by the members of the NDA," he said.
To questions whether Congress was open to ally with JD-U, he said, "When the JDU is not a member of the NDA, we will address that situation."
Naths` remarks are significant in view of talk in political circles that the JDU-BJP alliance in Bihar could break sooner than later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016