Open to all secular parties: Congress
New Delhi: Amid rumblings in NDA over Narendra Modi`s elevation in BJP, Congress on Wednesday made overtures to JD (U) saying it was "open" to all secular parties.
"Any secular party can be an ally... We are open to all secular parties... Now and in the future," Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath told news channels.
He at the same time refrained from commenting on the turmoil within BJP and NDA.
"The issues of the BJP must be settled by the BJP, the issues of the NDA should be settled by the members of the NDA," he said.
To questions whether Congress was open to ally with JD-U, he said, "When the JDU is not a member of the NDA, we will address that situation."
Naths` remarks are significant in view of talk in political circles that the JDU-BJP alliance in Bihar could break sooner than later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Bihar: This boy risks his life to save four students from drowning!
- Panel discussion on insensitive behaviour of administration and govt towards common man
- Stopping exercise for 10 days decreases brain blood flow
- Learn it from Japan – It runs a train for single passenger! Know why
- Subramanian Swamy calls LG Najeeb Jung a “420 like Kejriwal”
- India's bid to join US alliance could irk China, Pakistan: Chinese media
- MUST WATCH: When Mahendra Singh Dhoni hit two monster sixes out of Florida stadium