Oppn attacks UPA for `uncontrolled` corruption
New Delhi: Opposition Wednesday slammed the UPA on issues of "uncontrolled" corruption and "ineffective" implementation of welfare schemes, saying the difference between the government`s words and deeds was clearly visible.
Resuming the debate of the Motion of Thanks on the President`s Address, Shahnawaz Hussain (BJP) said the government made big announcements in the President`s speech, the Economic Survey and annual budget but the implementation has been sloppy.
He also referred to the Railway Budget and alleged that its focus was only on Rae Bareli and Amethi, the Lok Sabha constituencies of Congress President Sonia Gandhi and Rahul.
"People say Congress is becoming a regional party. But the rail budget shows that it is now a party which exists only from Amethi to Rae Bareli," he said.
Hussain charged the UPA government with neither understanding the ailments the country was facing nor having a clue about the cure. "There is uncontrolled corruption, price rise and unemployment," he said.
"This government has not given employment to youth except for Rahul Gandhi. Five lakh people have become unemployed in the last nine years," he said.
Referring to a recent speech of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi without naming him, Hussain said, "If the system is termite infested, you will have to take responsibility for it. The Manmohan Singh government enjoys no goodwill and lacks will power," he said.
Hussain`s speech was disrupted by SP members, led by Neeraj Shekhar, who insisted that he and his party BJP have no right to speak about the minorities.
When Shekhar said the BJP government in Gujarat was responsible for the killing of Muslims, BJP members took strong exception and complained to the the Chair this was not fair.
JD(U) leader Sharad Yadav alleged that the government is giving out benefits only to certain sections of the society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Oops! Shah Rukh Khan, Rohit Shetty friends no more?
- NASA's NEEMO 21 research mission begins, aquanauts splash down!
- Congress leader Digvijay Singh taken aback after seeing his name in Below Poverty Line list
- Gwen Stefani auditioned for 'Mr & Mrs Smith'
- WATCH: Fizz and fire! Mustafizur Rahman demolishes opposition on T20 Blast debut