Oppn attacks UPA for `uncontrolled` corruption
New Delhi: Opposition Wednesday slammed the UPA on issues of "uncontrolled" corruption and "ineffective" implementation of welfare schemes, saying the difference between the government`s words and deeds was clearly visible.
Resuming the debate of the Motion of Thanks on the President`s Address, Shahnawaz Hussain (BJP) said the government made big announcements in the President`s speech, the Economic Survey and annual budget but the implementation has been sloppy.
He also referred to the Railway Budget and alleged that its focus was only on Rae Bareli and Amethi, the Lok Sabha constituencies of Congress President Sonia Gandhi and Rahul.
"People say Congress is becoming a regional party. But the rail budget shows that it is now a party which exists only from Amethi to Rae Bareli," he said.
Hussain charged the UPA government with neither understanding the ailments the country was facing nor having a clue about the cure. "There is uncontrolled corruption, price rise and unemployment," he said.
"This government has not given employment to youth except for Rahul Gandhi. Five lakh people have become unemployed in the last nine years," he said.
Referring to a recent speech of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi without naming him, Hussain said, "If the system is termite infested, you will have to take responsibility for it. The Manmohan Singh government enjoys no goodwill and lacks will power," he said.
Hussain`s speech was disrupted by SP members, led by Neeraj Shekhar, who insisted that he and his party BJP have no right to speak about the minorities.
When Shekhar said the BJP government in Gujarat was responsible for the killing of Muslims, BJP members took strong exception and complained to the the Chair this was not fair.
JD(U) leader Sharad Yadav alleged that the government is giving out benefits only to certain sections of the society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song