Oppn can`t dictate terms on policy decisions: Cong
New Delhi: As both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha were adjourned yet again over Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in retail, the ruling Congress on Monday accused the opposition of deliberately stalling proceedings and said it could not dictate terms to the government on policy decisions.
"The government is ready to hold discussion on any issue, but the opposition is deliberately stalling the proceedings," Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi told reporters outside Parliament.
"Opposition cannot dictate terms to the government regarding policy decisions," he said.
Party leader Rajiv Shukla, meanwhile, said there was no question of accepting opposition demands for an adjournment motion on the FDI in retail.
"There is no question of accepting the opposition demand on adjournment motion, only one adjournment motion. Opposition should assist in running the house rather than insist on adjournment motions," Shukla said outside Parliament.
Opposition parties, including the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), Left parties and the AIADMK, have been protesting against the FDI in retail. The BJP gave a notice for an adjournment of Question Hour to take up the issue, which was supported by the Left.
The AIADMK also gave notice for a separate adjournment motion in both houses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming