Oppn can`t dictate terms on policy decisions: Cong
New Delhi: As both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha were adjourned yet again over Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in retail, the ruling Congress on Monday accused the opposition of deliberately stalling proceedings and said it could not dictate terms to the government on policy decisions.
"The government is ready to hold discussion on any issue, but the opposition is deliberately stalling the proceedings," Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi told reporters outside Parliament.
"Opposition cannot dictate terms to the government regarding policy decisions," he said.
Party leader Rajiv Shukla, meanwhile, said there was no question of accepting opposition demands for an adjournment motion on the FDI in retail.
"There is no question of accepting the opposition demand on adjournment motion, only one adjournment motion. Opposition should assist in running the house rather than insist on adjournment motions," Shukla said outside Parliament.
Opposition parties, including the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), Left parties and the AIADMK, have been protesting against the FDI in retail. The BJP gave a notice for an adjournment of Question Hour to take up the issue, which was supported by the Left.
The AIADMK also gave notice for a separate adjournment motion in both houses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand