Oppn day dreaming of mid-term polls: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Monday dismissed BJP`s
prediction of mid-term polls as "day dreaming".
Asked about senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj stating that
there is a possibibility of early polls, Congress spokesman
Abhishek Singhvi said "these are dreams of Mungeri Lal".
Mungeri Lal was a protagonist of a popular TV serial
"Mungeri Lal ke haseen sapne" in which he used to day dream.
"It is living, moving in a dream world and waiting for the
sky to fall," said Singhvi.
"There is obviously no guarantee that the sky may not fall
on our heads or that Yeddyurappa will stop demanding the Chief
Minister`s chair. But the possibility of mid-term polls is as
remote as that", Singhvi said.
Swaraj had said, "the politics of the country is changing
every day, and in view of the present situation, there is a
possibility of mid-term Lok Sabha polls."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Congress stalwart Sheila Dikhsit refuses to become CM face for 2017 UP elections
- Modi govt shortlists 4 candidates to succeed Raghuram Rajan as RBI Governor
- Uttar Pradesh Congress cancels iftar programme, no official reason attributed behind cancellation
- China cuts yuan fix in biggest downward move since devaluation
- Amit Shah to address party workers in Barabanki