Oppn day dreaming of mid-term polls: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Monday dismissed BJP`s
prediction of mid-term polls as "day dreaming".
Asked about senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj stating that
there is a possibibility of early polls, Congress spokesman
Abhishek Singhvi said "these are dreams of Mungeri Lal".
Mungeri Lal was a protagonist of a popular TV serial
"Mungeri Lal ke haseen sapne" in which he used to day dream.
"It is living, moving in a dream world and waiting for the
sky to fall," said Singhvi.
"There is obviously no guarantee that the sky may not fall
on our heads or that Yeddyurappa will stop demanding the Chief
Minister`s chair. But the possibility of mid-term polls is as
remote as that", Singhvi said.
Swaraj had said, "the politics of the country is changing
every day, and in view of the present situation, there is a
possibility of mid-term Lok Sabha polls."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened