Oppn day dreaming of mid-term polls: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Monday dismissed BJP`s
prediction of mid-term polls as "day dreaming".
Asked about senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj stating that
there is a possibibility of early polls, Congress spokesman
Abhishek Singhvi said "these are dreams of Mungeri Lal".
Mungeri Lal was a protagonist of a popular TV serial
"Mungeri Lal ke haseen sapne" in which he used to day dream.
"It is living, moving in a dream world and waiting for the
sky to fall," said Singhvi.
"There is obviously no guarantee that the sky may not fall
on our heads or that Yeddyurappa will stop demanding the Chief
Minister`s chair. But the possibility of mid-term polls is as
remote as that", Singhvi said.
Swaraj had said, "the politics of the country is changing
every day, and in view of the present situation, there is a
possibility of mid-term Lok Sabha polls."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees