Oppn day dreaming of mid-term polls: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Monday dismissed BJP`s
prediction of mid-term polls as "day dreaming".
Asked about senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj stating that
there is a possibibility of early polls, Congress spokesman
Abhishek Singhvi said "these are dreams of Mungeri Lal".
Mungeri Lal was a protagonist of a popular TV serial
"Mungeri Lal ke haseen sapne" in which he used to day dream.
"It is living, moving in a dream world and waiting for the
sky to fall," said Singhvi.
"There is obviously no guarantee that the sky may not fall
on our heads or that Yeddyurappa will stop demanding the Chief
Minister`s chair. But the possibility of mid-term polls is as
remote as that", Singhvi said.
Swaraj had said, "the politics of the country is changing
every day, and in view of the present situation, there is a
possibility of mid-term Lok Sabha polls."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!