Oppn dig at media over paid news phenomenon
New Delhi: The Opposition on Wednesday took a dig
at media for "paid news" phenomenon saying the purpose of free
press has been defeated.
The issue was raised both in Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha
during discussion on the issue of corruption.
"...The whole concept of giving freedom to media is
defeated. ...We have started getting paid news service,"
Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley said.
He raised concern over role of media in shaping public
opinion with the emergence of "paid news services" in the last
Jaitley also said corruption is an important issue
haunting the society and has acquired the centre-stage in the
In the Lok Sabha, Mulayam Singh Yadav (SP) said "paid
news" played a big role during elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience