Oppn dig at media over paid news phenomenon
New Delhi: The Opposition on Wednesday took a dig
at media for "paid news" phenomenon saying the purpose of free
press has been defeated.
The issue was raised both in Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha
during discussion on the issue of corruption.
"...The whole concept of giving freedom to media is
defeated. ...We have started getting paid news service,"
Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley said.
He raised concern over role of media in shaping public
opinion with the emergence of "paid news services" in the last
Jaitley also said corruption is an important issue
haunting the society and has acquired the centre-stage in the
In the Lok Sabha, Mulayam Singh Yadav (SP) said "paid
news" played a big role during elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Day after 30 cows found dead, police chalks out plan to prevent smuggling
- Mathura violence: Two security staff of Ram Vriksh Yadav arrested
- 'Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP government wasting public money for image makeover'
- Kiran Bedi seeks banks' help for 'prosperous' Puducherry
- Now, helmet compulsory for pillion riders in Uttar Pradesh