Oppn dig at media over paid news phenomenon
New Delhi: The Opposition on Wednesday took a dig
at media for "paid news" phenomenon saying the purpose of free
press has been defeated.
The issue was raised both in Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha
during discussion on the issue of corruption.
"...The whole concept of giving freedom to media is
defeated. ...We have started getting paid news service,"
Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley said.
He raised concern over role of media in shaping public
opinion with the emergence of "paid news services" in the last
Jaitley also said corruption is an important issue
haunting the society and has acquired the centre-stage in the
In the Lok Sabha, Mulayam Singh Yadav (SP) said "paid
news" played a big role during elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH