Oppn should unite to defeat DMK in 2011 assembly polls: BJP
Coimbatore: BJP`s Tamil Nadu unit president,
Pon Radhakrishnan on Thursday said all opposition parties should
unite to defeat DMK government in 2011 assembly elections.
Compared to the victories achieved by ruling DMK in other
bye-elections, the margin of victory had drastically come
down from by-poll to by-poll in the last 18 months, which
showed that people were losing confidence in the Government,
Radhakrishnan told a press conference here.
All the opposition parties should come together and give a
united fight to DMK in the next assembly polls, so that it
could be removed from power, he said.
Asked whether BJP was willing to take the initiative to
bring the opposition on a platform, Radhakrishnan said there
was still time for elections, and `we will wait and watch.`
He alleged that DMK government had failed to deliver on all
On price rice, he said the state unit had embarked on
a signature campaign and would handover 20 lakh signatures ,
to party national president, Nitin Gadkari, who is scheduled
to visit Chennai for two days from April 10.
Besides, the party would lay siege to Parliament on
April 21 to protest the `failure` of the government to
check the spiralling price rise.
Gadkari, during his stay, would meet the party rank and
file, from State office bearers to block office bearers and
ascertain their views about strengthening the party at
grassroot level, Radhakrishnan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?