Oppn slams UPA on Pranab supporting Mamata`s remarks on Azad
New Delhi: CPI-M supported by BJP and other opposition parties on Monday slammed the UPA in Rajya Sabha over Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee`s remark that he found
"nothing wrong" in Mamata Banerjee`s statement on the killing of Maoist leader Azad.
"Finance Minister`s remark was tantamount to the government running with the hare and hunting with the hound," Sitaram Yechury (CPI-M) said.
Mukherjee had said in Kolkata yesterday that there was no reason to suspect that Banerjee had links with Maoists if she thought that the Naxal problem could be negotiated through dialogue.
Yechury also wanted to know when the government would give its response to the issue of Banerjee`s Lalgarh rally on August 9 during which she had raised questions on the killing of Azad.
Responding to it, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Prithiviraj Chavan said the government will respond to the issue tomorrow.
"I had assured the House that I will get the facts about the rally and come back to the House," he said adding he still holds that promise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?