Oppn slams UPA on Pranab supporting Mamata`s remarks on Azad
New Delhi: CPI-M supported by BJP and other opposition parties on Monday slammed the UPA in Rajya Sabha over Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee`s remark that he found
"nothing wrong" in Mamata Banerjee`s statement on the killing of Maoist leader Azad.
"Finance Minister`s remark was tantamount to the government running with the hare and hunting with the hound," Sitaram Yechury (CPI-M) said.
Mukherjee had said in Kolkata yesterday that there was no reason to suspect that Banerjee had links with Maoists if she thought that the Naxal problem could be negotiated through dialogue.
Yechury also wanted to know when the government would give its response to the issue of Banerjee`s Lalgarh rally on August 9 during which she had raised questions on the killing of Azad.
Responding to it, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Prithiviraj Chavan said the government will respond to the issue tomorrow.
"I had assured the House that I will get the facts about the rally and come back to the House," he said adding he still holds that promise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested