Oppn to move adjournment motion on price rise
New Delhi: The Opposition will move an adjournment motion on the issue of inflation on the opening day of the Winter Session of Parliament Nov 22, Communist Party of India leader Gurudas Dasgupta said after an all-party meeting convened by Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar here Thursday.
"We will move the adjournment motion on price rise on the first day itself," Dasgupta told reporters here. He said the government had failed to keep its promise to contain inflation.
Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni said Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, who is the leader of the Lok Sabha, would hold talks with the Opposition parties prior to the session.
Meira Kumar chaired the all-party meeting where the smooth conduct of the coming session was discussed, an official said.
The Winter Session Nov 22-Dec 21 is scheduled to take up the Lokpal bill and 30 other bills for passage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’