Oppn to move adjournment motion on price rise
New Delhi: The Opposition will move an adjournment motion on the issue of inflation on the opening day of the Winter Session of Parliament Nov 22, Communist Party of India leader Gurudas Dasgupta said after an all-party meeting convened by Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar here Thursday.
"We will move the adjournment motion on price rise on the first day itself," Dasgupta told reporters here. He said the government had failed to keep its promise to contain inflation.
Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni said Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, who is the leader of the Lok Sabha, would hold talks with the Opposition parties prior to the session.
Meira Kumar chaired the all-party meeting where the smooth conduct of the coming session was discussed, an official said.
The Winter Session Nov 22-Dec 21 is scheduled to take up the Lokpal bill and 30 other bills for passage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Priyanka Chopra is granny's little girl! Throwback pic inside
- Ram Jethamalani, Lalu's daughter Misa Bharti file nominations for Rajya Sabha from RJD
- AIB's Tanmay Bhat in trouble as MNS files complaint against him over video on Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar
- Incredible! This leaning Shiva Temple in Varanasi is partially submerged in Ganga
- Banks checking loan applicant's capacity to repay on Facebook, LinkedIn