Oppn to Prez rule may become a national battle: Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister BS
Yeddyurappa said Chief Ministers of eight BJP-ruled states
would meet in Delhi on Tuesday to hold consultations in the
backdrop of Governor HR Bhardwaj recommending imposition of
President`s Rule in the state.
A BJP delegation would meet President Pratibha Patil,
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Home Minister P Chidambaram
today, opposing imposition of the Central rule in the state.
"Today and tomorrow, we will be in Delhi", he told
reporters here before leaving for the national capital.
Yeddyurappa said he would be approaching Chief
Ministers of opposition-ruled states such as Buddhadeb
Bhattachajee (West Bengal) and M Karunanidhi (Tamil Nadu)
seeking their support in the opposition to the President`s
rule in Karnataka.
"This (opposition to President`s Rule) may become a
national battle", he said.
Yeddyurappa said the Governor`s decision to recommend
President`s rule was "really unfortunate".
Accusing Bhardwaj of misusing his Constitutional
powers, destabilising the Government and helping opposition
members, the Chief Minister said he "severely condemns the
partisan behaviour of the Governor".
The Chief Minister said it is the first time in the
history of the country that a Governor told a Speaker that his
"decision is final" (a day before the trust vote), terming it
as an "unpardonable crime".
Yeddyurappa said he was confident that Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh, UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Central
Ministers hailing from the state would collectively take a
decision that "illegally toppling an elected government is not
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30