Oppn to Prez rule may become a national battle: Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister BS
Yeddyurappa said Chief Ministers of eight BJP-ruled states
would meet in Delhi on Tuesday to hold consultations in the
backdrop of Governor HR Bhardwaj recommending imposition of
President`s Rule in the state.
A BJP delegation would meet President Pratibha Patil,
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Home Minister P Chidambaram
today, opposing imposition of the Central rule in the state.
"Today and tomorrow, we will be in Delhi", he told
reporters here before leaving for the national capital.
Yeddyurappa said he would be approaching Chief
Ministers of opposition-ruled states such as Buddhadeb
Bhattachajee (West Bengal) and M Karunanidhi (Tamil Nadu)
seeking their support in the opposition to the President`s
rule in Karnataka.
"This (opposition to President`s Rule) may become a
national battle", he said.
Yeddyurappa said the Governor`s decision to recommend
President`s rule was "really unfortunate".
Accusing Bhardwaj of misusing his Constitutional
powers, destabilising the Government and helping opposition
members, the Chief Minister said he "severely condemns the
partisan behaviour of the Governor".
The Chief Minister said it is the first time in the
history of the country that a Governor told a Speaker that his
"decision is final" (a day before the trust vote), terming it
as an "unpardonable crime".
Yeddyurappa said he was confident that Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh, UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Central
Ministers hailing from the state would collectively take a
decision that "illegally toppling an elected government is not
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!