Oppn to Prez rule may become a national battle: Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister BS
Yeddyurappa said Chief Ministers of eight BJP-ruled states
would meet in Delhi on Tuesday to hold consultations in the
backdrop of Governor HR Bhardwaj recommending imposition of
President`s Rule in the state.
A BJP delegation would meet President Pratibha Patil,
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Home Minister P Chidambaram
today, opposing imposition of the Central rule in the state.
"Today and tomorrow, we will be in Delhi", he told
reporters here before leaving for the national capital.
Yeddyurappa said he would be approaching Chief
Ministers of opposition-ruled states such as Buddhadeb
Bhattachajee (West Bengal) and M Karunanidhi (Tamil Nadu)
seeking their support in the opposition to the President`s
rule in Karnataka.
"This (opposition to President`s Rule) may become a
national battle", he said.
Yeddyurappa said the Governor`s decision to recommend
President`s rule was "really unfortunate".
Accusing Bhardwaj of misusing his Constitutional
powers, destabilising the Government and helping opposition
members, the Chief Minister said he "severely condemns the
partisan behaviour of the Governor".
The Chief Minister said it is the first time in the
history of the country that a Governor told a Speaker that his
"decision is final" (a day before the trust vote), terming it
as an "unpardonable crime".
Yeddyurappa said he was confident that Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh, UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Central
Ministers hailing from the state would collectively take a
decision that "illegally toppling an elected government is not
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in