Oppose UPA`s anti-people policies: Prakash Karat
Agartala: Continuing his tirade against
the ruling UPA coalition, CPI(M) General Secretary Prakash
Karat today appealed to party leaders and workers to oppose
the "anti-people" policies of the Centre.
"It is the need of the hour to strengthen the Left and
democratic forces to fight the anti-people activities of the
ruling coalition in the country," Karat told a party meeting
here last evening.
When the UPA government was trying to further
liberalise the economy and favouring multinational companies
and BJP attempting to polarise people on communal lines, the
Left forces should uphold communist values, he said.
"As a conspiracy has been hatched to destroy the
Leftist forces in the country with active indulgence of
imperialism, we have to uphold communist values and ethics and
strengthen the party against all kinds of evil forces," he
told the state-level two-day meeting which began yesterday.
Karat criticised the central government for signing
agreement with a group of Asian countries for importing food
grains and other items and said it would harm the interest of
The Left parties would organise a mass meeting in New
Delhi on March 12 to protest against the agreement, price rise
and weakening of public distribution system, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof