Oppose UPA`s anti-people policies: Prakash Karat
Agartala: Continuing his tirade against
the ruling UPA coalition, CPI(M) General Secretary Prakash
Karat today appealed to party leaders and workers to oppose
the "anti-people" policies of the Centre.
"It is the need of the hour to strengthen the Left and
democratic forces to fight the anti-people activities of the
ruling coalition in the country," Karat told a party meeting
here last evening.
When the UPA government was trying to further
liberalise the economy and favouring multinational companies
and BJP attempting to polarise people on communal lines, the
Left forces should uphold communist values, he said.
"As a conspiracy has been hatched to destroy the
Leftist forces in the country with active indulgence of
imperialism, we have to uphold communist values and ethics and
strengthen the party against all kinds of evil forces," he
told the state-level two-day meeting which began yesterday.
Karat criticised the central government for signing
agreement with a group of Asian countries for importing food
grains and other items and said it would harm the interest of
The Left parties would organise a mass meeting in New
Delhi on March 12 to protest against the agreement, price rise
and weakening of public distribution system, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand