Opposition sans BJP stages dharna demanding JPC
New Delhi: Persisting with its demand for
a JPC on the 2G spectrum allocation issue, opposition parties
sans BJP on Tuesday staged a silent dharna in front of the Gandhi
statue in Parliament complex.
Holding placards reading slogans like `Accept demand
for JPC`, `Allow Parliament to function to discuss burning
issues like price rise,` MPs belonging to different political
parties including TDP, RLD, AIDMK, CPI, CPI(M) and BJD
squatted at the main gate of Parliament for about 50 minutes.
SP, BSP and RJD MPs were also conspicuous by their
"This is the beginning of a mass campaign. Now we all
go to the people," CPI leader Gurudas Dasgupta said after the
CPI(M) leader Sitaram Yechury said, "There was JPC on
lesser corruption issues in the past. But this time the issues
are bigger but still government is not agreeing for the JPC.
Why the government is so adamant we do not understand."
On the absence of the BJP, Yechury said, "There is a
credibility issue due to the Karnataka land scam issue with
Taking a similar view, Dasgupta said, "No truck with
the BJP as we shall never go along with the BJP."
However, Yechury said, "All opposition is united on
the issue of JPC."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket