Option of Constitution amendment on Teesta river open: Salman Khursid
Farrukhabad: External Affairs Minister Salman Khursid has said that if needed, India is ready for an amendment in the Constitution to resolve the Teesta river water dispute with Bangladesh.
The Farrukhabad MP, who was speaking here yesterday, also expressed hope that the border dispute between the two countries will be settled soon.
"I hope the border dispute with Bangladesh will be resolved soon. As far as the Teesta River water dispute is concerned, India is ready for Constitutional amendment to resolve it", Khurshid said.
Sharing of Teesta waters has been a contentious issue between the two countries and due to opposition from West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, an agreement on the same could not be reached during Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s visit to Dhaka last September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions