Option of Constitution amendment on Teesta river open: Salman Khursid
Farrukhabad: External Affairs Minister Salman Khursid has said that if needed, India is ready for an amendment in the Constitution to resolve the Teesta river water dispute with Bangladesh.
The Farrukhabad MP, who was speaking here yesterday, also expressed hope that the border dispute between the two countries will be settled soon.
"I hope the border dispute with Bangladesh will be resolved soon. As far as the Teesta River water dispute is concerned, India is ready for Constitutional amendment to resolve it", Khurshid said.
Sharing of Teesta waters has been a contentious issue between the two countries and due to opposition from West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, an agreement on the same could not be reached during Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s visit to Dhaka last September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users