Option of Constitution amendment on Teesta river open: Salman Khursid
Farrukhabad: External Affairs Minister Salman Khursid has said that if needed, India is ready for an amendment in the Constitution to resolve the Teesta river water dispute with Bangladesh.
The Farrukhabad MP, who was speaking here yesterday, also expressed hope that the border dispute between the two countries will be settled soon.
"I hope the border dispute with Bangladesh will be resolved soon. As far as the Teesta River water dispute is concerned, India is ready for Constitutional amendment to resolve it", Khurshid said.
Sharing of Teesta waters has been a contentious issue between the two countries and due to opposition from West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, an agreement on the same could not be reached during Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s visit to Dhaka last September.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!