Option of Constitution amendment on Teesta river open: Salman Khursid
Farrukhabad: External Affairs Minister Salman Khursid has said that if needed, India is ready for an amendment in the Constitution to resolve the Teesta river water dispute with Bangladesh.
The Farrukhabad MP, who was speaking here yesterday, also expressed hope that the border dispute between the two countries will be settled soon.
"I hope the border dispute with Bangladesh will be resolved soon. As far as the Teesta River water dispute is concerned, India is ready for Constitutional amendment to resolve it", Khurshid said.
Sharing of Teesta waters has been a contentious issue between the two countries and due to opposition from West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, an agreement on the same could not be reached during Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s visit to Dhaka last September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!