Option of Constitution amendment on Teesta river open: Salman Khursid
Farrukhabad: External Affairs Minister Salman Khursid has said that if needed, India is ready for an amendment in the Constitution to resolve the Teesta river water dispute with Bangladesh.
The Farrukhabad MP, who was speaking here yesterday, also expressed hope that the border dispute between the two countries will be settled soon.
"I hope the border dispute with Bangladesh will be resolved soon. As far as the Teesta River water dispute is concerned, India is ready for Constitutional amendment to resolve it", Khurshid said.
Sharing of Teesta waters has been a contentious issue between the two countries and due to opposition from West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, an agreement on the same could not be reached during Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s visit to Dhaka last September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more
- Major water crisis in Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula - Know reason behind it