Order on Nupur`s bail plea reserved till tomorrow
New Delhi/Ghaziabad: The Ghaziabad sessions court on Tuesday reserved till tomorrow its order on the bail application of Nupur Talwar, accused in Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case.
The sessions court reserved its order after hearing the arguments from both sides regarding the bail plea of Nupur Talwar, who will have to spent another night at the Dasna District Prison in Ghaziabad.
However, Additional District and Sessions Judge Shyamlal, who rejected her interim bail plea yesterday, gave no specific reasons for reserving the verdict on Nupur`s application for regular bail.
Following a Supreme Court`s directive, the dentist surrendered in the special CBI court in Ghaziabad yesterday. However, her bail plea was rejected by the special court after which she was taken into custody and later sent to the Dasna jail.
Nupur Talwar is accused along with her husband Rajesh in the 2008 sensational double murder of her teenage daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj- the high-pfoile case which was later probed by the CBI.
When the proceedings began in the special CBI court yesterday, Nupur broke down on hearing the decision of Additional District and Sessions Judge Shyamlal who rejected her interim bail plea and posted the application for regular bail for hearing today.
A shattered Nupur, who had the company of her husband and a few relatives in the special CBI court where she was waiting in judicial custody, was taken by women constables in a police van to Dasna jail.
She was later shifted to cell no 13 in the Dsana Jail, where she spent the first night. Her husband Rajesh had earlier spent 50 days in the same jail after his arrest in the case.
After she failed to get relief from a Special CBI court, her lawyers knocked at the doors of the District and Sessions Judge Bharat Bhushan pleading with him to hear an application for a regular bail.
Judge Bharat Bhushan then referred the matter to Additional District and Sessions Judge Shayamlal before whom the petition came up in the post-lunch session.
Judge Shyamlal heard the arguments of both the sides and reserved the order till late in the evening when he rejected her plea for interim bail and posted the application for regular bail for hearing till today.
On April 27, the Supreme Court had refused to stay the non-bailable warrant issued against Nupur by the Ghaziabad court and directed her to surrender before the special court today.
However, the apex court said that Nupur’s bail plea will be promptly considered if she surrenders before the special CBI court.
In the previous hearing, the central probe agency had argued before the Supreme Court that Nupur Talwar has been “misusing the law”.
The non-bailable warrant was issued against her by the Ghaziabad court for not appearing for a hearing in the 2008 Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda