Order reserved on Nirmal Baba’s plea against NBW
New Delhi: Patna High Court on Tuesday reserved its order till May 23 on a petition moved by the controversial self-proclaimed godman Nirmal Baba challenging the legality of the non-bailable arrest warrant (NBW) issued by a local court against him.
Nirmal Baba alias Nirmaljeet Singh Narula yesterday moved the Patna High Court after a court in Bihar’s Araria district issued a non-bailable arrest warrant against him while responding to a complaint filed by Rakesh Kumar Singh alleging that he was cheated by the godman.
The FIR was filed at a police station in Bihar’s Araria district, and accuses Nirmal Baba of fraud and cheating.
The court of Araria Chief Judicial Magistrate Satyendra Razak then issued a warrant of arrest on the basis of an FIR filed on April 21 by complainant who alleged that the Baba forced him to pay Rs. 1,000 in three instalments between January and March 2011 on promise of fame and fortune.
In his complaint, Singh also sent by courier counterfoils of the deposits of Rs 300 twice and Rs 400 in the Baba`s account at the Punjab and National Bank to his Delhi address as sought.
According to Araria superintendent of police Shivdeep Lande, the accusation was found prima facie true following which he directed the investigating officer to move the court and seek a warrant of arrest.
Vindhyachal Prasad Singh, an advocate, filed the application on behalf of the godman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency