Ordinance on convicted lawmakers: PM`s former media adviser slams Rahul Gandhi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s former media adviser Sanjaya Baru slammed Rahul Gandhi on Friday on calling the ordinance on convicted lawmakers cleared by the union Cabinet as `nonsense`.
"Rahul cannot be a rebel and a potential PM at the same time," Sanjaya said. "Rahul trying to be hero at the cost of PM," he added as per reports.
PM`s ex-aide also reportedly said that Manmohan Singh should quit in wake of the recent controversy.
Rahul today questioned the ordinance moved by the Centre on negating the Supreme Court verdict on lawmakers and termed it as "complete nonsense."
Addressing media persons here, Rahul Gandhi said, "I’m not concerned with any of the parties, but about what Congress is doing. The ordinance on convicted lawmakers is complete nonsense and it should be torn and thrown away."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?