Ordinance on convicted lawmakers: PM`s former media adviser slams Rahul Gandhi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s former media adviser Sanjaya Baru slammed Rahul Gandhi on Friday on calling the ordinance on convicted lawmakers cleared by the union Cabinet as `nonsense`.
"Rahul cannot be a rebel and a potential PM at the same time," Sanjaya said. "Rahul trying to be hero at the cost of PM," he added as per reports.
PM`s ex-aide also reportedly said that Manmohan Singh should quit in wake of the recent controversy.
Rahul today questioned the ordinance moved by the Centre on negating the Supreme Court verdict on lawmakers and termed it as "complete nonsense."
Addressing media persons here, Rahul Gandhi said, "I’m not concerned with any of the parties, but about what Congress is doing. The ordinance on convicted lawmakers is complete nonsense and it should be torn and thrown away."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren