OSA case: CBI charge sheet against Verma likely on Friday
New Delhi: CBI is likely to file a charge sheet on Friday against arms dealer Abhishek Verma in the official secrets case relating to confidential defence documents provided by his estranged associate C Edmond Allen.
CBI sources said that the Home Ministry directive giving the go-ahead for filing of charge sheet has been received by the agency, and it may file charge sheet in the case before a special CBI court on Friday.
The CBI had registered a case against Verma and unknown government officials after a formal complaint was received from the Defence Ministry stating that documents purportedly provided by US-based attorney C Edmond Allen, Verma`s business associate, were classified and violated the Official Secrets Act (OSA).
The probe agency decided to register a case against Verma and unknown officials of the Defence Ministry under Section three of OSA (passing on sensitive information) and 120-B (criminal conspiracy).
Allen had purportedly provided documents which deal with acquisition and future plans of the defence forces to CBI and other investigating agencies.
The sources claimed that Allen had alleged that these documents were provided by Verma to show his influence in defence circles.
The documents include acquisition plans for next five years for the Indian Air Force and some of them relate to acquisition of unmanned aerial vehicles and related system besides infrastructure developed by the IAF.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack