Our patriotism is known to the world, says BJP
Patna: After being dubbed as "unpatriotic"
by Congress, BJP today said "our patriotism" is known to the
"BJP does not need a certificate from the Congress on the
issue. Our patriotism is known to the world," party national
spokesman Shahnawaz Hussain told reporters here apparently
referring to Congress` statement yesterday.
Reacting sharply to BJP`s allegation that Anderson could
not have left the country after the Bhopal disaster without
former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi`s knowledge, Congress
spokesperson Manish Tewari had said those levelling such
charges were not patriotic.
Hussain, also Lok Sabha member from Bhagalpur in Bihar,
said the country would like to know from Congress president
Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh why they were
maintaining `callous` silence over facilitating Anderson`s
"Both Sonia Gandhi and Manmohan Singh owe an explanation
to the nation on the Anderson issue," he said, adding the BJP
would take the issue to the people`s court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family