Our patriotism is known to the world, says BJP
Patna: After being dubbed as "unpatriotic"
by Congress, BJP today said "our patriotism" is known to the
"BJP does not need a certificate from the Congress on the
issue. Our patriotism is known to the world," party national
spokesman Shahnawaz Hussain told reporters here apparently
referring to Congress` statement yesterday.
Reacting sharply to BJP`s allegation that Anderson could
not have left the country after the Bhopal disaster without
former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi`s knowledge, Congress
spokesperson Manish Tewari had said those levelling such
charges were not patriotic.
Hussain, also Lok Sabha member from Bhagalpur in Bihar,
said the country would like to know from Congress president
Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh why they were
maintaining `callous` silence over facilitating Anderson`s
"Both Sonia Gandhi and Manmohan Singh owe an explanation
to the nation on the Anderson issue," he said, adding the BJP
would take the issue to the people`s court.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India