Our patriotism is known to the world, says BJP
Patna: After being dubbed as "unpatriotic"
by Congress, BJP today said "our patriotism" is known to the
"BJP does not need a certificate from the Congress on the
issue. Our patriotism is known to the world," party national
spokesman Shahnawaz Hussain told reporters here apparently
referring to Congress` statement yesterday.
Reacting sharply to BJP`s allegation that Anderson could
not have left the country after the Bhopal disaster without
former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi`s knowledge, Congress
spokesperson Manish Tewari had said those levelling such
charges were not patriotic.
Hussain, also Lok Sabha member from Bhagalpur in Bihar,
said the country would like to know from Congress president
Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh why they were
maintaining `callous` silence over facilitating Anderson`s
"Both Sonia Gandhi and Manmohan Singh owe an explanation
to the nation on the Anderson issue," he said, adding the BJP
would take the issue to the people`s court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test