Our victory a positive mandate for development: BJP
New Delhi: The BJP on Tuesday said in the Rajya Sabha that its victory in the Lok Sabha polls was not because of any negative sentiment against the former Congress-led UPA government, but a positive vote for effective governance.
"The voting in Lok Sabha poll broke all records... it was not a wave of anger that led people to vote for us, the passion and sentiment was not negative," BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said in the Rajya Sabha, initiating the debate on motion of thanks to the president`s address Tuesday.
"The people voted for a government dedicated to development of the country," he said.
Seconding the motion, party leader JP Nadda said the mandate was for Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
"It is a positive mandate for effective administration and leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi... This mandate inspires us to work for the people of the country humbly, and it should also inspire the opposition to introspect," said Nadda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’