Our victory a positive mandate for development: BJP
New Delhi: The BJP on Tuesday said in the Rajya Sabha that its victory in the Lok Sabha polls was not because of any negative sentiment against the former Congress-led UPA government, but a positive vote for effective governance.
"The voting in Lok Sabha poll broke all records... it was not a wave of anger that led people to vote for us, the passion and sentiment was not negative," BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said in the Rajya Sabha, initiating the debate on motion of thanks to the president`s address Tuesday.
"The people voted for a government dedicated to development of the country," he said.
Seconding the motion, party leader JP Nadda said the mandate was for Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
"It is a positive mandate for effective administration and leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi... This mandate inspires us to work for the people of the country humbly, and it should also inspire the opposition to introspect," said Nadda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?