Our victory a positive mandate for development: BJP
New Delhi: The BJP on Tuesday said in the Rajya Sabha that its victory in the Lok Sabha polls was not because of any negative sentiment against the former Congress-led UPA government, but a positive vote for effective governance.
"The voting in Lok Sabha poll broke all records... it was not a wave of anger that led people to vote for us, the passion and sentiment was not negative," BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said in the Rajya Sabha, initiating the debate on motion of thanks to the president`s address Tuesday.
"The people voted for a government dedicated to development of the country," he said.
Seconding the motion, party leader JP Nadda said the mandate was for Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
"It is a positive mandate for effective administration and leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi... This mandate inspires us to work for the people of the country humbly, and it should also inspire the opposition to introspect," said Nadda.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels