Our victory a positive mandate for development: BJP
New Delhi: The BJP on Tuesday said in the Rajya Sabha that its victory in the Lok Sabha polls was not because of any negative sentiment against the former Congress-led UPA government, but a positive vote for effective governance.
"The voting in Lok Sabha poll broke all records... it was not a wave of anger that led people to vote for us, the passion and sentiment was not negative," BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said in the Rajya Sabha, initiating the debate on motion of thanks to the president`s address Tuesday.
"The people voted for a government dedicated to development of the country," he said.
Seconding the motion, party leader JP Nadda said the mandate was for Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
"It is a positive mandate for effective administration and leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi... This mandate inspires us to work for the people of the country humbly, and it should also inspire the opposition to introspect," said Nadda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city