Over 100 govt websites hacked in 3 months
New Delhi: A total of 112 government
websites belonging to various state government agencies,
Planning Commission and Finance Ministry were hacked in the
three- month period ending February 2012, Parliament was
informed on Wednesday.
"During the period December 2011 to February 2012, a
total number of 112 government websites were hacked," Minister
of State for Communications and IT Sachin Pilot said in a
written reply to the Lok Sabha.
These hacked websites belonged to the agencies in the
government of Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Tamil
Nadu, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Kerala, Orissa, Uttar Pradesh,
Sikkim and Manipur, he added.
It also included agencies of Ministry of Finance, Health,
Planning Commission and Humar Resource Development.
The website of Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd was hacked on
December 4, 2011 by the `H4tr!ck` hacker group, Pilot said.
The Minister added that the number of Internet frauds
involving Rs 1 lakh and above have declined over the last
three years from 269 cases in 2009 to 125 cases in 2011.
"However, after taking into account the Internet frauds
wherein the amount involved in individual cases is less than
Rs 1 lakh, the total number of Internet frauds were 864
involving Rs 824.05 lakh, 2,232 cases involving Rs 1,234.94
lakh and 1,798 cases involving Rs 787.39 lakh for the calender
year 2009, 2010 and 2011, respectively," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!