Over 100 govt websites hacked in 3 months
New Delhi: A total of 112 government
websites belonging to various state government agencies,
Planning Commission and Finance Ministry were hacked in the
three- month period ending February 2012, Parliament was
informed on Wednesday.
"During the period December 2011 to February 2012, a
total number of 112 government websites were hacked," Minister
of State for Communications and IT Sachin Pilot said in a
written reply to the Lok Sabha.
These hacked websites belonged to the agencies in the
government of Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Tamil
Nadu, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Kerala, Orissa, Uttar Pradesh,
Sikkim and Manipur, he added.
It also included agencies of Ministry of Finance, Health,
Planning Commission and Humar Resource Development.
The website of Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd was hacked on
December 4, 2011 by the `H4tr!ck` hacker group, Pilot said.
The Minister added that the number of Internet frauds
involving Rs 1 lakh and above have declined over the last
three years from 269 cases in 2009 to 125 cases in 2011.
"However, after taking into account the Internet frauds
wherein the amount involved in individual cases is less than
Rs 1 lakh, the total number of Internet frauds were 864
involving Rs 824.05 lakh, 2,232 cases involving Rs 1,234.94
lakh and 1,798 cases involving Rs 787.39 lakh for the calender
year 2009, 2010 and 2011, respectively," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents