Over 100 PS to get Rs 2 cr each for modernisation
New Delhi: Over 100 police stations in
Maoist-hit areas in the country will get Rs two crore each for construction of new buildings, residential complex and to procure arms and communication equipment.
This was decided at the meeting of the Directors General
of Police of nine Maoist-affected states here today which was
convened by the Home Ministry.
The Centre has also agreed to provide more helicopters
to the states to help the state and paramilitary forces and
night vision device to police forces fighting the naxals,
The DGPs of Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Orissa, Bihar, West
Bengal, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and others also agreed to
work in tandem in their operations against the ultras,
particularly along the inter-state borders, to get better
The police chiefs also highlighted issues concerning
needs of their respective forces and asked for liberal help
from the Centre to modernise the state police forces to deal
with the emerging threats.
The Home Minister also took stock of the security
situation in the Maoists-hit states and reviewed the steps
taken to deal with them.
Madhya Pradesh police chief S K Rout said he has
requested the Home Ministry to include a few more Naxal-
affected districts of the state under the Centrally-sponsored
Integrated Action Plan to carry out development projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre