Over 100 PS to get Rs 2 cr each for modernisation
New Delhi: Over 100 police stations in
Maoist-hit areas in the country will get Rs two crore each for construction of new buildings, residential complex and to procure arms and communication equipment.
This was decided at the meeting of the Directors General
of Police of nine Maoist-affected states here today which was
convened by the Home Ministry.
The Centre has also agreed to provide more helicopters
to the states to help the state and paramilitary forces and
night vision device to police forces fighting the naxals,
The DGPs of Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Orissa, Bihar, West
Bengal, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and others also agreed to
work in tandem in their operations against the ultras,
particularly along the inter-state borders, to get better
The police chiefs also highlighted issues concerning
needs of their respective forces and asked for liberal help
from the Centre to modernise the state police forces to deal
with the emerging threats.
The Home Minister also took stock of the security
situation in the Maoists-hit states and reviewed the steps
taken to deal with them.
Madhya Pradesh police chief S K Rout said he has
requested the Home Ministry to include a few more Naxal-
affected districts of the state under the Centrally-sponsored
Integrated Action Plan to carry out development projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price