Over 1,000 youths vow to marry sex workers
New Delhi: As many as 1,400 youths,
including some professionals, associated with a sect have
decided to tie the nuptial knot with sex workers to help them
lead a respectable life.
The volunteers, participating in a ceremony organised by
Dera Sacha Sauda in Sirsa, have pledged to marry sex workers
from Kolkata and New Delhi.
"We are organising an event tomorrow where about 1,400
youths will vow to marry women who were forced into
prostitution and want to escape further exploitation. Some
families have also decided to legally adopt these women and
their children," the sect`s spokesman Aditya Insan told a news agency.
All the volunteers are members of the Dera, he said.
While some 2-3 couples will tie the knot tomorrow, others
will do so within a year, he said, adding the event is also
aimed to check the spread of HIV/AIDS.
He said by helping drug users and sex workers "we are
trying to help remove people from the highest risk situations
and check the spread of HIV/AIDS".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing