Over 1,000 youths vow to marry sex workers
New Delhi: As many as 1,400 youths,
including some professionals, associated with a sect have
decided to tie the nuptial knot with sex workers to help them
lead a respectable life.
The volunteers, participating in a ceremony organised by
Dera Sacha Sauda in Sirsa, have pledged to marry sex workers
from Kolkata and New Delhi.
"We are organising an event tomorrow where about 1,400
youths will vow to marry women who were forced into
prostitution and want to escape further exploitation. Some
families have also decided to legally adopt these women and
their children," the sect`s spokesman Aditya Insan told a news agency.
All the volunteers are members of the Dera, he said.
While some 2-3 couples will tie the knot tomorrow, others
will do so within a year, he said, adding the event is also
aimed to check the spread of HIV/AIDS.
He said by helping drug users and sex workers "we are
trying to help remove people from the highest risk situations
and check the spread of HIV/AIDS".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read