Over 12 lakh students to appear in CBSE class X exam, nearly 10 lakh for class XII
New Delhi: More than 12 lakh students will be sitting for the CBSE class X examination and nearly ten lakh will appear in class XII test, both beginning March one.
In all, 12,59,202 students will be sitting for the class X examination, an increase of 6.70 per cent over last year, said a CBSE statement today.
Similarly, 9,42,035 students will be taking the class XII examination also beginning March 1, which is an increase of 15.51 per cent over last year, it said.
This year CBSE has provided facilities to schools to generate `online roll no. Wise` list of candidates appearing in 2013 class X and XII examinations.
School can also generate online admit card for their regular students appearing in this year`s board tests.
From this year, CBSE will introduce `value based questions` in all major subjects for classes X and XII up to 3-5 marks.
"The Board has decided to follow an interdisciplinary approach in value education where values are intermingled with the content of all the major subjects in classes IX and XII. The questions will be based on content and analysed on the basis of the values it reflects," the statement said.
CBSE has also decided to reduce the number of chances for compartment for class XII to three from five. Likewise, the number of attempts for `improvement of performance` for class X has been reduced to one from five.
However, for candidates who have appeared for the 2012 examination or before that and have placed in the category of compartment or eligible for improvement of performance shall get upto five chances, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi