Over 12 lakh students to appear in CBSE class X exam, nearly 10 lakh for class XII
New Delhi: More than 12 lakh students will be sitting for the CBSE class X examination and nearly ten lakh will appear in class XII test, both beginning March one.
In all, 12,59,202 students will be sitting for the class X examination, an increase of 6.70 per cent over last year, said a CBSE statement today.
Similarly, 9,42,035 students will be taking the class XII examination also beginning March 1, which is an increase of 15.51 per cent over last year, it said.
This year CBSE has provided facilities to schools to generate `online roll no. Wise` list of candidates appearing in 2013 class X and XII examinations.
School can also generate online admit card for their regular students appearing in this year`s board tests.
From this year, CBSE will introduce `value based questions` in all major subjects for classes X and XII up to 3-5 marks.
"The Board has decided to follow an interdisciplinary approach in value education where values are intermingled with the content of all the major subjects in classes IX and XII. The questions will be based on content and analysed on the basis of the values it reflects," the statement said.
CBSE has also decided to reduce the number of chances for compartment for class XII to three from five. Likewise, the number of attempts for `improvement of performance` for class X has been reduced to one from five.
However, for candidates who have appeared for the 2012 examination or before that and have placed in the category of compartment or eligible for improvement of performance shall get upto five chances, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured