Over 120 central govt officials under CVC scanner
New Delhi: Nearly 121 central government
employees, including one from CBI, are under Central Vigilance
Commission (CVC) scanner for their alleged involvement in
Railway Ministry topped the list with 23 officials under
CVC scanner, 17 are from Department of Telecommunications, 12
from Bureau of Indian Standards, seven from Central Board of
Excise and Customs, six each from Delhi Development Authority
and Municipal Corporation of Delhi among others, a CVC report
The anti-corruption watchdog recommended major penalty
against three officials from Sashastra Seema Bal, a
paramilitary force, and one each from All India Institute of
Medical Sciences and the Central Bureau of Investigation.
According to the CVC monthly performance report for May,
a recovery of over Rs four crore was effected after technical
examination of procurement works carried out by different
"The Commission is deeply concerned over continuing
delays in filling the post of Chief Vigilance Officers (CVOs)
in several key organisations like Hindustan Shipyard Ltd and
Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML)," it said.
The probity watchdog act as country`s top body to advise
Government of India and take necessary action to check
corruption. The CVC is probing various multi-crore scams
including financial irregularities in the Commonwealth Games.
The Commission has received a total of 421 complaints
related to alleged corruption in government departments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand