Over 1.35 lakh pilgrims visit Amarnath, 11th batch leaves Jammu
Jammu: Amidst tight security, the 11th batch of 4,094 Amarnath pilgrims on Sunday left for the cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas.
Over 1.35 lakh pilgrims so far have paid obeisance at the naturally formed Ice Lingum of Lord Shiva Amarnath shrine, situated at an altitude of 3,888 metre above sea-level, this
With today`s batch, as many as 31,804 pilgrims have left for Amarnath from Jammu base-camp Shri Amarnath Shrine Board officials said.
All arrangements, including security, are in place to ensure smooth yatra via twin tracks from Pahalagam-Amarnath and Baltal-Amarnath, they said.
As many as 10,308 pilgrims are en route to the cave shrine through two tracks from Pahalgam and Baltal, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah