Over 165 new officers join CRPF
Gurgaon: A total of 167 officers, including nine women, were inducted into CRPF as commanders on Saturday.
The officers, 76 of them fresh, will join as Assistant Commandants (ACs) and a majority of them will take charge in the Naxal-hit areas which is the main operational challenge for the force.
The ACs will command a company of 100 paramilitary personnel.
The officers were given their new ranks after CRPF chief Pranay Sahay took the salute at the Passing out Parade at the forces` training centre in Kadarpur here.
Director General Sahay asked the young men and women to lead by example and ensure that they not only practise the best traditions of the force but also keep the flag of the country and force fluttering high.
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) has deployed almost 80 battalions (80,000 personnel) for anti-Naxal operations in the country and is the lead force for tackling the internal security threat.
The trophies for best all round trainee were bagged by M Gin Khan Mang and Ganesh Pratap Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!