Over 165 new officers join CRPF
Gurgaon: A total of 167 officers, including nine women, were inducted into CRPF as commanders on Saturday.
The officers, 76 of them fresh, will join as Assistant Commandants (ACs) and a majority of them will take charge in the Naxal-hit areas which is the main operational challenge for the force.
The ACs will command a company of 100 paramilitary personnel.
The officers were given their new ranks after CRPF chief Pranay Sahay took the salute at the Passing out Parade at the forces` training centre in Kadarpur here.
Director General Sahay asked the young men and women to lead by example and ensure that they not only practise the best traditions of the force but also keep the flag of the country and force fluttering high.
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) has deployed almost 80 battalions (80,000 personnel) for anti-Naxal operations in the country and is the lead force for tackling the internal security threat.
The trophies for best all round trainee were bagged by M Gin Khan Mang and Ganesh Pratap Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!