Over 165 new officers join CRPF
Gurgaon: A total of 167 officers, including nine women, were inducted into CRPF as commanders on Saturday.
The officers, 76 of them fresh, will join as Assistant Commandants (ACs) and a majority of them will take charge in the Naxal-hit areas which is the main operational challenge for the force.
The ACs will command a company of 100 paramilitary personnel.
The officers were given their new ranks after CRPF chief Pranay Sahay took the salute at the Passing out Parade at the forces` training centre in Kadarpur here.
Director General Sahay asked the young men and women to lead by example and ensure that they not only practise the best traditions of the force but also keep the flag of the country and force fluttering high.
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) has deployed almost 80 battalions (80,000 personnel) for anti-Naxal operations in the country and is the lead force for tackling the internal security threat.
The trophies for best all round trainee were bagged by M Gin Khan Mang and Ganesh Pratap Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore