Over 17,000 appeals pending before CIC: Govt
New Delhi: Over 17,000 complaints related to
improper resolution of Right to Information applications were pending before the Central Information Commission, Lok Sabha
was informed Wednesday.
As per data given by Minister of State for Personnel V
Narayanasamy, a total of 17,046 appeals/complaints were
pending as on August 1.
"Pendency in the Commission has increased because of
manifold increase in the number of RTI applications made to
Central public authorities and consequently number of
appeals/complaints filed with the Commission," Narayanasamy
said in a written reply.
He said the Commission has launched a special drive to
clear the appeals or complaints.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured