Over 180 Bihar child labourers rescued from Rajasthan
Patna: A total 184 child labourers hailing from different parts of Bihar have been rescued from Rajasthan`s Bharatpur district and brought back home.
Bihar`s Labour Minister Janardan Singh Sigriwal on Sunday went to Patna Railway junction to receive the child workers freed by the Labour department officials.
On a tip off, officials rescued 184 child workers aged between 12-16 from Bharatpur railway station yesterday, Sigriwal told a news agency.
He said agents lured families of the minors for work probably in bangles factories at Bharatpur.
The minister said the rescued child labourers hailed from Gaya, Patna, Nawada, Nalanda, Jehanabad and Aurangabad among others. Majority of them hailed from Gaya and Nalanda which is also home district of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
The state government would rehabilitate these children and convince their parents not to play with their future, Sigriwal said.
The minister said the agents and other unscrupulous elements involved in inter-state trade of child labourers would be dealt with lawfully.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij