Over 1,900 policemen faced disciplinary action in 2012
New Delhi: Close to 2,000 Delhi Police personnel faced disciplinary action last year.
A total of 1,968 police personnel faced action and out of which 112 were dismissed, terminated or removed from the force. Another 345 had to forfeit service.
"Several claims are made that there is no accountability. But we take strict action in such cases and our vigilance teams will continue surprise checks," Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar said.
In 2011, 10,800 policemen faced punishment, ranging from dismissal to seeking explanation, which was a ten-fold jump as compared to 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16