Over 1,900 policemen faced disciplinary action in 2012
New Delhi: Close to 2,000 Delhi Police personnel faced disciplinary action last year.
A total of 1,968 police personnel faced action and out of which 112 were dismissed, terminated or removed from the force. Another 345 had to forfeit service.
"Several claims are made that there is no accountability. But we take strict action in such cases and our vigilance teams will continue surprise checks," Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar said.
In 2011, 10,800 policemen faced punishment, ranging from dismissal to seeking explanation, which was a ten-fold jump as compared to 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof