Over 1,900 policemen faced disciplinary action in 2012
New Delhi: Close to 2,000 Delhi Police personnel faced disciplinary action last year.
A total of 1,968 police personnel faced action and out of which 112 were dismissed, terminated or removed from the force. Another 345 had to forfeit service.
"Several claims are made that there is no accountability. But we take strict action in such cases and our vigilance teams will continue surprise checks," Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar said.
In 2011, 10,800 policemen faced punishment, ranging from dismissal to seeking explanation, which was a ten-fold jump as compared to 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy