Over 200 doctors to join paramilitary forces
New Delhi: More than 200 newly recruited doctors, including specialists, are set to join paramilitary forces like CRPF and ITBP, providing troops in operations with the much-awaited medical cover.
This is the first pool of the medical officers that will join the forces in the last several years. There are total vacancies of 259 posts for specialist medical officers, 283
posts for medical officers and 18 posts for dental surgeons in forces like BSF, SSB, Assam Rifles, CRPF and ITBP.
The forces, deployed for law and order, counter-insurgency, anti-Naxal operations and other security related duties, have been facing an acute shortage of medical sofficers and doctors in their ranks.
While 34 specialist doctors in the streams of Opthalmology, Obstetrics and Gynaecology and Surgery have been cleared in the first lot, names of another batch of 190
doctors have been approved for posting with various paramilitary units.
"The present strength of the medical cadre in such forces is not sufficient as the troops are being deployed extensively for internal security duties. With the focus on anti-Naxal and counter-insurgency operations, the requirement to have specialist doctors in the ranks has been felt," a paramilitary officer said.
The new medical officers will be designated combat ranks of Deputy Commandants and Assistant Commandants and can serve the forces for at least ten years with a two-year probation period.
The doctors will also accompany the battalions and units that move into operational areas. The attempt is to expedite medical facilities to men who get injured during action or otherwise, the officer said.
The move to get fresh doctors recruited in the forces assumes significance as the Home Ministry is also in the process of raising a strength equivalent to 123 new battalions
for different forces which would be coming up in the next two-three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared