Over 200 Indians met Bahrain`s foreign minister
New Delhi: Over 200 members of the Indian
community in Bahrain on Saturday met the country`s foreign minister
and expressed concern over the situation in the country, which
has been marked by clashes between security forces and
"Bahraini Foreign Minister met over 200 members of the
Indian community, took note of their concerns and reassured
them of their safety," Indian ambassador to Bahrain Mohan
Protests in Bahrain were initially aimed at achieving
greater political freedom and equality for the Shia
population, but expanded to a call to end the monarchy
following a deadly night raid on February 17 against
The ruling Sunni dynasty has declared a three-month
period of emergency rule and invited in a Saudi-led military
force to help quell the unrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars