Over 200 Indians met Bahrain`s foreign minister
New Delhi: Over 200 members of the Indian
community in Bahrain on Saturday met the country`s foreign minister
and expressed concern over the situation in the country, which
has been marked by clashes between security forces and
"Bahraini Foreign Minister met over 200 members of the
Indian community, took note of their concerns and reassured
them of their safety," Indian ambassador to Bahrain Mohan
Protests in Bahrain were initially aimed at achieving
greater political freedom and equality for the Shia
population, but expanded to a call to end the monarchy
following a deadly night raid on February 17 against
The ruling Sunni dynasty has declared a three-month
period of emergency rule and invited in a Saudi-led military
force to help quell the unrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'