Over 29 lakh cases disposed off by fast track courts
New Delhi: Fast track courts have disposed off 29.08 lakh cases since their inception in 2000, the Rajya Sabha was informed Tuesday.
"According to information received from the state governments/registries of the High Courts, out of 35.85 lakh cases transferred to fast track courts since inception, 29.08 lakh cases have been disposed off, leaving 6.77 lakh cases pending for disposal," Law Minister M Veerappa Moily said in a written reply.
He said there is a proposal for the continued central funding for fast track courts for one more year beyond March 31, 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon