Over 29 lakh cases disposed off by fast track courts
New Delhi: Fast track courts have disposed off 29.08 lakh cases since their inception in 2000, the Rajya Sabha was informed Tuesday.
"According to information received from the state governments/registries of the High Courts, out of 35.85 lakh cases transferred to fast track courts since inception, 29.08 lakh cases have been disposed off, leaving 6.77 lakh cases pending for disposal," Law Minister M Veerappa Moily said in a written reply.
He said there is a proposal for the continued central funding for fast track courts for one more year beyond March 31, 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Being overweight linked to eight more kinds of cancer
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border