Over 29 lakh cases disposed off by fast track courts
New Delhi: Fast track courts have disposed off 29.08 lakh cases since their inception in 2000, the Rajya Sabha was informed Tuesday.
"According to information received from the state governments/registries of the High Courts, out of 35.85 lakh cases transferred to fast track courts since inception, 29.08 lakh cases have been disposed off, leaving 6.77 lakh cases pending for disposal," Law Minister M Veerappa Moily said in a written reply.
He said there is a proposal for the continued central funding for fast track courts for one more year beyond March 31, 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued