Over 29 lakh cases disposed off by fast track courts
New Delhi: Fast track courts have disposed off 29.08 lakh cases since their inception in 2000, the Rajya Sabha was informed Tuesday.
"According to information received from the state governments/registries of the High Courts, out of 35.85 lakh cases transferred to fast track courts since inception, 29.08 lakh cases have been disposed off, leaving 6.77 lakh cases pending for disposal," Law Minister M Veerappa Moily said in a written reply.
He said there is a proposal for the continued central funding for fast track courts for one more year beyond March 31, 2010.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- CINTAA's joint secretary apologises to Rakhi Sawant, Dolly Bindra – Here’s why
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants Aamir, Salman, Shah Rukh Khan to support her