Over 30 trains delayed due to fog
New Delhi: Over 30 trains were running behind the schedule on Friday as foggy weather conditions continued to disrupt the movement of trains in the northern region.
Railways cancelled the service of Mahananda Express due to the poor visibility.
While Brahmputra Mail was running late by 16 hours, Rewa Expresss and Lichchavi Express were 13 and 14 hours behind their respective schedule, according to Railway Ministry data.
Railways rescheduled the departure timings of 15 trains, including Howrah Janta and Swantra Senani Express, because of the dense fog and poor visibility.
Railways have instructed the train pilots, guards, station staff and other safety related staff involved in rail operations to accord highest priority for safe train running during foggy weather.
We have instructed both train pilots and staff related to train operations to regulate train speed depending on visibility conditions for train movement, said a senior Railway Ministry official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city