Over 30 trains delayed due to fog
New Delhi: Over 30 trains were running behind the schedule on Friday as foggy weather conditions continued to disrupt the movement of trains in the northern region.
Railways cancelled the service of Mahananda Express due to the poor visibility.
While Brahmputra Mail was running late by 16 hours, Rewa Expresss and Lichchavi Express were 13 and 14 hours behind their respective schedule, according to Railway Ministry data.
Railways rescheduled the departure timings of 15 trains, including Howrah Janta and Swantra Senani Express, because of the dense fog and poor visibility.
Railways have instructed the train pilots, guards, station staff and other safety related staff involved in rail operations to accord highest priority for safe train running during foggy weather.
We have instructed both train pilots and staff related to train operations to regulate train speed depending on visibility conditions for train movement, said a senior Railway Ministry official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority