Over 3,000 IAS, IPS posts vacant
New Delhi: Over 3,000 posts of IAS and IPS are lying vacant in the country, the government has said.
Of the total of 3,032 vacancies, 1,777 are in Indian Administrative Service and 1,255 in Indian Police Service, Minister of State of Personnel V Narayanasamy told Rajya Sabha in a written reply yesterday.
The total authorised strength of IAS is 6,154 and IPS is 3,475.
"The government has increased annual intake of IAS and IPS officers under Direct Recruitment (DR) quota. In promotion quota, prompt actions have been taken for holding of Selection Committee meeting for selection of state service officers to IAS and IPS," he said.
Replying to another question, Narayanasamy said of the total vacancies of IAS officers, a maximum of 216 are in Uttar Pradesh, 128 in Bihar, 118 in Madhya Pradesh, 116 in Arunachal Pradesh-Goa-Mizoram-Union Territories (AGMUT), 112 in Rajasthan and 100 in Jharkhand cadre among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off