Over 370 officers commissioned into Army
Chennai: Over 370 men and women were on Saturday commissioned into the Indian Army as officers after a passing out parade at the Officers Training Academy.
Lt Gen VK Ahluwalia, GOC-in C, Central Command, reviewed the passing out parade at OTA. Eighteen cadets from Afghanistan also graduated as officers.
Cadet Under Officer Abhinav Shulka was adjudged the best performer in the course.
The academy`s Officiating Commandant Maj Gen UM Rajavelu was also present during the function.
The 650-acre Officers Training Academy here trains cadets as officers, acquainting them with physical training, drill endurance training, weapon training, academics, radio communication supplemented by military history, communication skills and military etiquette.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Divorce rates lowest among Hindus; more prevalent in Muslims, reveals latest Census data | Know details
- Persistent cough? Five possible causes and why you should see your doctor!
- Gerard Pique agrees with extra holidays for Neymar
- Politics over Yoga? BMC makes 'Surya Namaskar' mandatory in all affiliated schools in Mumbai
- Russia might use Iran air base again to carry out attacks on terror targets in Syria