Over 40,000 JD(U) activists expected in Nitish Kumar`s rally in Delhi on Sunday
Patna: More than 40,000 JD(U) activists are expected to attend the March 17 rally of Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar in Delhi`s Ram Lila Maidan, demanding special-category status for Bihar.
More than 10,000 people reached Delhi today to take part in the rally, senior JD (U) leader Sanjay Jha told PTI.
"We expect at least 30,000 more will be there from across the state tomorrow," said Jha, a close confidante of Nitish Kumar, who has been associated with organising the rally for nearly a month.
All Delhi bound trains from Bihar are full with JD(U) activists leaving for Delhi to attend the rally.
East Central Railway`s Chief Public Relation Officer Amitabh Prabhakar said, coaches were reserved from Raxaul, Samastipur and Jhajha to take people to the national capital.
Party sources said, JD(U) ministers, parliamentarians and legislators are touring different parts of Delhi and NCR to mobilise support for Sunday`s rally.
Food Minister Shyam Rajak, who visited Badarpur, Wazirabad and Lakshmi Nagar today said, Biharis living in Delhi are enthusiastic to participate in the rally.
His ministerial colleague Renu Kushwaha toured Faridabad, Burari, Noida, Azadpur Mandi and Nazafgarh.
Other ministers like Narendra Singh, Bhim Singh and Awdesh Kushwaha are holding street corner meetings in Delhi and NCR for the rally.
The party has also started a campaign `Bihar ka haq` on the Net -- in Facebook, Twitter and Youtube and a website biharkahaq.In.
Live telecast of the rally will be made at the website, Jha said.
The Legislative Assembly and the Legislative Council also witnessed depleted attendance during the budget session as majority of JD(U) ministers and legislators are in Delhi to drum up support for the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery