Over 40,000 posts lying vacant in BSF, CRPF: Govt
New Delhi: More than 40000 posts are lying vacant in two large central paramilitary forces the BSF and the CISF, the government informed Parliament on Wednesday.
While a total of 24,410 posts, which consists of officers
(1184), subordinate officers (3178) and other ranks (20048),
are vacant in the Border Security Force (BSF), a total of
17149 posts are vacant in the CISF.
In the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), the
rank-wise vacancies are officers (196), sub-ordinate officers
(4149) and other ranks (12794).
The total vacancies including all the ranks stand at
"To fill up the vacancies, regular recruitment in the BSF
and the CISF is conducted taking into account the anticipated
vacancies due to superannuation of personnel, voluntary
retirements, resignations and any requirement of additional
personnel on account of augmentations and inductions,"
Minister of State for Home Jitendra Singh told Rajya Sabha in
a written reply.
Singh said recruitments are also done from time-to-time
in these forces by the UPSC, SSC and through departmental
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested