Over 40,000 posts lying vacant in BSF, CRPF: Govt
New Delhi: More than 40000 posts are lying vacant in two large central paramilitary forces the BSF and the CISF, the government informed Parliament on Wednesday.
While a total of 24,410 posts, which consists of officers
(1184), subordinate officers (3178) and other ranks (20048),
are vacant in the Border Security Force (BSF), a total of
17149 posts are vacant in the CISF.
In the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), the
rank-wise vacancies are officers (196), sub-ordinate officers
(4149) and other ranks (12794).
The total vacancies including all the ranks stand at
"To fill up the vacancies, regular recruitment in the BSF
and the CISF is conducted taking into account the anticipated
vacancies due to superannuation of personnel, voluntary
retirements, resignations and any requirement of additional
personnel on account of augmentations and inductions,"
Minister of State for Home Jitendra Singh told Rajya Sabha in
a written reply.
Singh said recruitments are also done from time-to-time
in these forces by the UPSC, SSC and through departmental
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Turkey will adhere to democratic principles, rule of law: Deputy PM
- Hallmark, ISI Mark, BEE Label –Know which certification marks are important for products you buy
- Sonam Kapoor in awe of Anamika Khanna, stuns in beige drape- Pic you cannot miss!
- WATCH: INCREDIBLE! When The Great Khali crushed two opponents in under a minute!
- Microsoft improves OneDrive photos, adds 'Pokemon Go' detector