Over 4,780 acres of DDA land occupied by squatters: Govt
New Delhi: Over 4,780 acres of land belonging to Delhi Development Authority (DDA) has been encroached upon in the national capital, the government said Thursday.
The data was shared in the Rajya Sabha by minister of state for Urban Development, Deepa Dasmunshi, through a written response to a question.
"DDA has informed that the land reported as encroached (upon) as on August 7, 2013 is 4,789 acres," Dasmunshi said.
She added that a media house was reported to be in illegal occupation of an institutional plot in the Wazirpur industrial area. She said that a status quo had been granted by a judicial court in the matter.
In response to another question, Dasmunshi said, "It had not been found possible to allot the desired land to the government of Gujarat for construction of one more Gujarat Bhawan in New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!