Over 50 corruption cases pending sanction for prosecution: CVC
New Delhi: The CVC is awaiting prosecution
sanction in more than 50 corruption cases against senior
officials, including from IAS, from different government
departments and ministries for more than four months.
According to Central Vigilance Commission, out of 52
cases, 11 each are from Department of Personnel and Training
and Ministry of Finance, followed by six from Urban
Development Ministry and four from Railways Ministry.
The cases of alleged corruption involve IAS officers Ravi
Shankar Srivastava, Rajesh Kumar Srivastava, Sanjiv Kumar,
Indian Revenue Service (IRS) official Baldev Singh Sandhu and
R S Panwar, Additional Superintendent of Police, CBI, Mumbai
among other senior officials, it said.
Three such cases in Delhi Government controlled
departments, two each in Ministry of Defence, Ministry of
Communication and Information Technology, Union Bank of India,
Lakshawdeep Administration and one from Ministry of External
Affairs are among those awaiting nod for prosecution.
"We keep sending reminders to concerned offices to grant
sanction for prosecution. But it has been noticed that such
reminders are often ignored and approvals are delayed beyond
stipulated time," a CVC official said.
An IB official and 110 others from different departments
were slapped with a major penalty by the Commission for their
alleged involvement in corrupt practises, it has said in
performance report for May.
The CVC has effected recoveries to the tune of Rs 1.18
crore on account of technical examination of different public
procurement related works during the period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!