Over 630 cadets pass out of Indian Military Academy
Dehradun: A total of 631 cadets passed out of the Indian Military Academy here on Saturday after completing the rigorous course to join the Indian Army as officers.
Before being formally commissioned into the Army, the cadets walked in files at the famed Drill Square set against the historic Chetwode Building of the Academy as the Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne took the ceremonial salute.
Apart from the 631 Indian cadets, 74 cadets from India`s friendly neighbour countries also passed out today to join the armies of their respective countries.
A maximum of 112 officers are from Uttar Pradesh followed by Haryana with 60 and Uttarakhand with 52.
Addressing the cadets after the conclusion of the ceremonial parade, Browne extended his felicitations to the gentlemen cadets and said they were fortunate to have trained at the IMA known for its high standards of training.
Asking them to constantly bear in mind their twin roles as warriors and protectors, he said they belong to the last bastion of the country and cannot ever afford to let their country down.
Congratulating the passing out cadets from neighbouring countries for successfully completing their training at the famed institute, Browne hoped they would use the skills learnt at the IMA to serve their respective nations.
After the ceremonious POP, all the cadets regrouped at a ground of the academy where the pipping ceremony was held. They were later administered oath to the Constitution by the adjutant of the IMA.
It started raining just when the parade was about to begin at 7 am this morning delaying the start by over an hour.
However, the showers failed to dampen the spirit of the parents and kin of gentlemen cadets who said the rain only helped in making the occasion all the more memorable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO