Over 770 special trains for summer rush
New Delhi: The Railways have decided to
run over 770 special trains from the national capital to
various places between April and July to clear the summer
The trains will leave from different stations from the
city like New Delhi, Hazrat Nizamuddin, Anand Vihar and
Delhi Sarai Rohilla for places like Varanasi, Dehradun, Jammu
Tawi, Udhampur, Pune, Patna, Darbhanga and Barauni.
Anand Vihar Railway terminal, which was inaugurated
recently, will handle 458 special trains, a Northern Railway
Anand Vihar Varanasi special train will run daily from
April till June, while Delhi Sarai Rohilla-Udhampur special
will run thrice a week from April 4 to June end.
Similarly, special trains will run between Hazrat
Nizamuddin and Pune and between Hazrat Nizamuddin and Dehradun
once a week.
Northern Railway handles the largest number of regular
and special trains than zones in the country.
Several other special trains could be announced
depending on the summer rush, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH