Over 770 special trains for summer rush
New Delhi: The Railways have decided to
run over 770 special trains from the national capital to
various places between April and July to clear the summer
The trains will leave from different stations from the
city like New Delhi, Hazrat Nizamuddin, Anand Vihar and
Delhi Sarai Rohilla for places like Varanasi, Dehradun, Jammu
Tawi, Udhampur, Pune, Patna, Darbhanga and Barauni.
Anand Vihar Railway terminal, which was inaugurated
recently, will handle 458 special trains, a Northern Railway
Anand Vihar Varanasi special train will run daily from
April till June, while Delhi Sarai Rohilla-Udhampur special
will run thrice a week from April 4 to June end.
Similarly, special trains will run between Hazrat
Nizamuddin and Pune and between Hazrat Nizamuddin and Dehradun
once a week.
Northern Railway handles the largest number of regular
and special trains than zones in the country.
Several other special trains could be announced
depending on the summer rush, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Union Minister Maneka Gandhi raps Kerala for its policy on stray dogs
- RSS distributed sweets on the day Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated: Congress
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!
- Usher announces new album 'Hard II Love'
- US to look for opportunities to advance India's NSG bid: Barack Obama