Over 770 special trains for summer rush
New Delhi: The Railways have decided to
run over 770 special trains from the national capital to
various places between April and July to clear the summer
The trains will leave from different stations from the
city like New Delhi, Hazrat Nizamuddin, Anand Vihar and
Delhi Sarai Rohilla for places like Varanasi, Dehradun, Jammu
Tawi, Udhampur, Pune, Patna, Darbhanga and Barauni.
Anand Vihar Railway terminal, which was inaugurated
recently, will handle 458 special trains, a Northern Railway
Anand Vihar Varanasi special train will run daily from
April till June, while Delhi Sarai Rohilla-Udhampur special
will run thrice a week from April 4 to June end.
Similarly, special trains will run between Hazrat
Nizamuddin and Pune and between Hazrat Nizamuddin and Dehradun
once a week.
Northern Railway handles the largest number of regular
and special trains than zones in the country.
Several other special trains could be announced
depending on the summer rush, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray